Saturday, February 21, 2009

I Drew Something.......

So I was looking for more typefaces and decided I wanted to try an ultra heavy face. I want to use the heavy face because it will allow me to play with the overprinting. But I couldn't really find anything I liked, one thing led to another and I made this typeface. It's only uppercase and no numbers yet unless I need them. I know this isn't anything original or amazing but I figured drawing it myself would make it a little special.

i made two versions

Regular:

Simplified:




I put them into my hierarchy study. I think this second one looks best. Overall I think it all works well together....? But maybe not, and suggestions on some other possible faces that will work with what I have drawn?


I wanted to call the book "MADE IN" two possible covers:

6 comments:

bfarevaag said...

I think this looks great.


Suits your piece better then light weights that you have been working with.

Dara Yoon said...

great great great!!!

............................ said...

nice.

it may be a simple font, but doesn't appear so.

good.

you're on your way...

and having fun too.

good for you.

g.

nemek4130 said...

ill try to do some spreads with this before class

i just noticed both versions of the y are same

Dara Yoon said...

one more thing.. i think its great that you drew your own type but make sure it goes with the story. The typography doesn't necessarily feel like China. I know you dont want it to be some cliche asian looking font but i think it should be thinner and a little less playful, especially those chunky serifs. rock on.

nemek4130 said...

i wasnt really trying to make the book feel chinese, im mostly just giving dry stastical information but trying to make it more interesting